Dallas Firefighters Pay Tribute To Dying Boy
June 19, 2012
A 4-year-old boy named Dyrk Burcie became the focus of firefighters across Dallas, TX after he was diagnosed with terminal pediatric liver cancer.
Dyrk’s father, Dameon Burcie, is a firefighter and when his comrades learned of his sons illness, they decided to do something to help cheer up the family.
In one photo, Dyrk’s name is spelled out in fire surrounded by fire trucks. In another, his name is spelled out using a fire hose. There are over 44 photos on Facebook and each one is incredibly touching.
“In a horrible situation like this, it’s nice to see that it is bringing people together, bringing communities closer together,” Dameon Burcie said in an interview this week. “At least something positive can come out of it.”
“They’re going to be something that we’re going to treasure and be able to look at for the rest of our lives,” Burcie added.
It’s so nice to know that so many people care enough about a boy they have never met. It’s incredibly touching and incredibly sad.
Dyrk is such an adorable little boy and it is so hard to comprehend why children have to suffer.
If you would like to help the family pay for Dyrk’s medical expenses, please send donations to the Dyrk Burcie medical trust account at Wells Fargo:
Dyrk Strong PO Box 1702 Midlothian, TX 76065
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Dyrk and the Burcie family.
- Paranormal State Star Ryan Buell Diagnosed With Pancreatic Cancer
- Has Facebook Become Bully Central?
- Daily Funny: Facebook Photography
- Little Girl Dies Of Rare Brain Tumor
- ‘Barefoot Contessa’ Host Denies Make-A-Wish Request, Twice
- Georgia Girl Contracts Flesh Eating Disease
- Jack Osbourne Diagnosed With MS
- Bethenny Frankel Reveals Sex Of Unborn Child