Advertisers Asked To Pull Ads For Howard Stern’s ‘America’s Got Talent’
May 7, 2012
The Parents Television Council is so upset that Howard Stern will be a judge on America’s Got Talent that they’ve sent off letters to 91 advertisers asking them not to waste their money.
According to TMZ, the Parents Television Council believes Howard Stern is too vulgar for primetime TV and they’re worried he will corrupt young viewers with comments similar to those he made while acting as a guest judge on American Idol.
Here is what Howard said to Fantasia on American Idol:
“Hey Fantasia, you’re not getting little boys hard. Nobody’s beating off to you. Little boys want boners. They want a Britney Spears or a Rihanna.”
Howard Stern earned the nickname “shock jock” for a reason, so it should be no surprise to NBC or anyone else affiliated with anything he does that he will say shocking things. It should also be no surprise to advertisers.
In fact, NBC pursued Howard Stern for his persona and because they know he will draw in a different fan base than what some of those other talent shows do. It’s all very calculated.
The bottom line is, it’s too soon to know exactly how shocking Howard Stern will be on America’s Got Talent until the show actually airs. Speaking of which, the season premiere of America’s Got Talent is May 14th at 8PM/EST.
What do you think?
- Hugh Hefner & Crystal Harris Call Off Wedding
- Would You Tune Into Charlie Sheen On The Radio?
- Is ‘Bethenny Ever After’ Over?
- Guess Who Was Eliminated On ‘American Idol’!
- What’s Up With Carson Daly?
- Jessica Simpson & Nicole Ritchie Sign On For New Reality Show
- Guess Who Got Voted Off ‘American Idol’!
- Does Matt Lauer Have A Love Child?