Kate Hudson Drinks Wine, Who Cares?
April 5, 2011
By now, everyone knows Kate Hudson is pregnant with her second child, but everyone is freaking out over photos of the actress drinking a glass of wine.
My big fat question is, who cares?
According to many medical journals – and most likely Kate’s own doctor – pregnant women can drink a glass or two of wine every now and again.
No one is saying she should go on a binge and drink several shots of tequila and follow it up with some jager bombs, but a glass of wine is no big deal.
According to the British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology:
There was no convincing evidence of adverse effects of prenatal alcohol exposure at low to moderate levels, where moderate was defined as 10.5 units per week (but, the study author Dr Robert Fraser reminds us, not at one sitting, obviously).
And, Dr. Eric Jauniaux, a Professor of Obstetrics at the Royal Free hospital in London who has been studying placenta transfer for over 20 years, states:
“Alcohol is mainly metabolised by the liver, and only what’s left will be met by the placenta. The amount that could reach the foetus in a glass of beer or a glass of wine is negligible. I would be much more concerned with breastfeeding and drinking.”
Give Kate a break and stop giving unsolicited and undocumented medical advice.
- Check Out Kate Hudson & Baby Bingham!
- Kate Hudson Is Engaged To Matt Bellamy
- Kate Hudson Reveals Baby Name
- Check Out Kate Hudson’s Engagement Ring
- Kate Hudson & Victoria Beckham Give Birth
- Is Kate Middleton Pregnant?
- iPhone Game ‘Smuggle Truck: Operation Immigration’ Raises Eyebrows
- Hugh Hefner & Crystal Harris Call Off Wedding