Judge Temporarily Blocks Anti-Union Bill
March 18, 2011
Judge Sumi, from Wisconsin’s Dane County Court, has decided to temporarily block Governor Scott Walker’s anti-union bill, which restricts workers from collective bargaining, according to the Huffington Post.
This decision was made as a result of a lawsuit filed by District Attorney Ismael Ozanne:
Ozanne filed a lawsuit contending that a legislative committee that broke a stalemate that had kept the law in limbo for weeks met without the 24-hour notice required by Wisconsin’s open meetings law. The Republican-controlled Legislature passed the measure and Gov. Scott Walker signed it last week.
From the looks of it, the fight over collective bargaining is far from over.
- Daily Funny: Tony Hawks Skateboarding Crimes
- Woman Awarded $6.7 Million For Getting Herpes
- DCF Fires Case Workers Connected To Barahona Case
- Lohan Headed To Jail
- California Schools Required To Teach Gay History
- Charlie Sheen Is Suing Mad
- American Teacher Found Dead In Japan
- Check Out Jessica Simpson’s New Shoe Line