Ancient Christian Books Found In Jordan
March 31, 2011
Over 70 ancient books have been discovered in eastern Jordan and archaeologist believe they document early Christian origins dating back to 1st century CE (that’s over 2,000 years ago), reports Yahoo News.
The ancient book consists of individual pages, each the size of a credit card, bound in wire, much like a notebook. The pages are made of lead and depict images of the Messiah.
Some of the codices were sealed, prompting yet more breathless speculation that they could include the sealed book, shown only to the Messiah, mentioned in the Book of Revelation. One of the few sentences translated thus far from the texts, according to the BBC, reads, “I shall walk uprightly”–a phrase that also appears in Revelation. “While it could be simply a sentiment common in Judaism,” BBC writer Robert Pigott notes, “it could here be designed to refer to the resurrection.”
This is interesting news that comes during a time when many are questioning strange occurrences like mass animal deaths, earthquakes, tsunamis, and all the fighting going on around the world.
Could these books hold even more information about what many refer to as the “end of days”?
I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
- WEIRD NEWS: Mitt Romney’s Great Great Aunt Haunting Pub
- American Teacher Found Dead In Japan
- The Space Shuttle Discovery To Take Its Final Flight
- Long Island Murder Mystery
- Robots Locate Debris & Bodies From Air France Flight
- Elementary School Kid Brings Cocaine To School In DC
- Fetus Found In UCA Bathroom
- Tim Tebow Finds An Unlikely Friend In Fred Durst